I will be speaking at this conference in March, 2013.
GENES & DIAGNOSTICS:
A MYRIAD OF ISSUES IN BIOTECH IP
March 10 – 13, 2013
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 1st
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is pleased to announce a special conference on Patenting in the Life Sciences, which for its first iteration will focus on issues surrounding the patenting of genes and diagnostics. We anticipate that this will be the first in a regular series of special Cold Spring Harbor conferences addressing the relationship between intellectual property and the life sciences.
The conference will begin the evening of Sunday, March 10, and end at lunchtime on Wednesday, March 13. Ample time for extensive discussion, panel debates, and other networking opportunities will be included in the format of the conference.
- Gene patents in the era of publicly available whole-genome sequences
- The Judiciary’s view on patenting genes and diagnostics
- Global perspectives on patentability, validity, and enforceability
- How recent court decisions will affect the biotech industry
- The impact of Prometheus on personalized medicine
- Policy and ethics